Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh yeah!! I'm 30 now.

I'm 30.... yeah, it should be a big deal, but it's not. Maybe next year when I get kicked out of singles wards I'll make it a big deal, but this year as low key and pretty easy going. I mean, it wasn't like i didn't have things planned... it's just nothing ended up like it was supposed to in the beginning of my day.


Why you ask? Because in Arizona apparently they stop time for your birthday. It's not as cool as it sounds, trust me.


This is what I woke up to.... a blank clock, microwave, everything. Oh, what's that? They turned the power off? It's gonn be off for like 4 hours? Awesome.



So my lovely parents took me to Subway for breakfast. Mind you none of us were showered or ready for the day because WE HAD NO POWER. That means no hot water. I had planned to go to the groundbreaking of the Gilbert Temple, but that just wasn't in the cards. So we had breakfast there and an assorment of hot chocolates from the Starbucks next door. Their pepermint hot cocoa is to die for, but their salted carmel cocoa is just so so.



The power finally came back on, mom and I went to Joanns to kill some time and then there was lunch with the bro and fam. Yeah, everyone was there, but these two were sitting in front of and and were just so dang entertaining... I mean look at that face!




After lunch I was forced to get a dozen Krispy Kremes (thanks Kristi) form the drive thru. In case you didn't know, they give you a free dozen for being born. yay. I don't even like them and I had to get them.


My next stop was for Boba tea/slushes/drinks with The Cousins. It was a grand time... especially for Tru-man. He got to squirm alllll over and eat straws and look at cars. He's my favorite little guy. Can you move back? PT school is over rated.
I also hung out with my best friend Lorena and Marisa and watched a movie.. no I don't remember what movie. I'm 30. I have a very short memory.


Thanks for a great birthday everyone!!

Love ya!!

2 comments:

nerak said...

it was your birthday!!! happy way belated birthday. 30 never looked so good. ;)

Kristi said...

He he . . . Krispy Kremes! Love the picture of mom and dad. They look sooo excited.