Thursday, June 26, 2008

OH NO THE BIG 5-0!!!

She's FIFTY!
(insert high kick here)
So, my loverly mother turned 50 on Juneteenth, so a party was in order...
a surprise party!!!
Mike's idea for the party became my responsibility and for that fact I don't know how she didn't find out. I can't lie to that woman to save my life and my dad somehow didn't give it away either... that my friends is a true miracle.


We had a good number of people show up to help us celebrate. We had to tell her that Brookie wanted to decorate for grandma, have cake, and yell surprise like we did for her on Monday so that was the lie that bought us time. And then when the lights came on I'm not sure she knew what to think. All in all it was a good time with a lot of the people that love her.

Happy Birthday Mom!!

It was a week for birthdays and this little one turned four on June 16th. Every time you'd ask her when her birthday was she'd tell you "Um, my birthday is in next Junes." Come on, that's cute, right?! She had told Grandma for months that they were going to have a Dora the Explorer party, decorate the floor, have cake, and yell surprise... but not too loud. And that we did. We even played pin the tail on the donkey and the way it seemed to go was that the older you were the worse you did... except for me. I held my own and would have won if the four year old wouldn't have cheated.
Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sad that i miss all the fun...:(