Monday, June 9, 2008

A funny thing happened today...

So, this morning was like any other morning. Well, not ANY other morning I was actually on time to work today...

Oh, and I got "let go" too.

I almost forgot! HA! Silly me... It's a funny little story. My manager and co-worker were a little more emotional than I was about the whole thing, which was quite touching, but it was a short process really. Cut and dry. I was the logical choice to "downsize" in a small office that's trying to make money. I understand the way a business is run. I was the one that said that my job was totally unnecessary in the first place. I kinda knew it would happen. Honestly, I just wanted out of that place, but was to comfortable to make the move on my own... so it was done for me.

So, I have joined the ranks of the unemployed, the downsized, the let go, the fired. Here's the thing though, I'm not all that broken hearted about it. I mean, yeah, it sucks to lose your job obviously, but really I'm gonna be alright. My baby cousin told me that God was telling me to go back to school full time and that may very well be true. I'll take that into consideration. It's a great idea and that way I might actually finish.... imagine that.

Pardon me for the next few weeks if I seem a little crazy then, alright? I'll just be over here in my corner trying to sort out my life. It should be fun. Let the adventure begin!




1 comment:

Meggers said...

so i think my quit date has been changed again - courtesy of my boss. how do i let this shiz happen? p.s. don't forget about nacho time! serious. love you!

(i spelled a word wrong so i deleted my original post, dangit!)