Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bee Magnet

What's that? You missed the fairy festival today? Ahhhh, you're in luck 'cause I didn't!! Like I would really miss that! Plus, my best friend's family had a booth at the festival with some of their artwork and vintage jewelry to sell and I wanted to go and support the cause. There were some interesting people there and some very serious fairies, but mostly there was dust, wind, and bees. I don't know what it was about me, but the bees wouldn't leave me alone!
I was a total bee magnet.

October Art booth and Loreena's silk flower pins being attacked by bees

Some serious fairies

Some little fairies and fairy houses being made

Some fairies or creatures I just don't get

And then there was this guy. A hippie who had worked on this idea since 1978 and it's finally coming to light. It's a piece of fabric with drawstrings and stuff in it and it can be made into almost any article of clothing. I didn't believe it could be done... and then I watched him do it. He turned this octagon thing into a pair of pants, three different dresses, a sleeping bag, a shirt, a poncho, a hauling bag, and a pillow. It was actually pretty impressive. He also spouted off some stuff about "the inner s'elf'" and atoms and geometry, but he kinda lost me there. All in all though, minus the bees, it was a nice day spent with a bunch of fairies.

No comments: