Thursday, July 10, 2008

New York, New York

So I made it back safe and sound from New York City. I had a great time with Amanda going all over town and back, but it really is good to be home. Let me tell you New york is great, but I rather not live in a mouse house... I really like my bathroom space thank you very much. I'll spare you most of the details of the trip and just highlight some of the stuff that happened on my fun-filled Fourth of July trip to NYC...

First stop: Pinkberry It's pretty good... I've had better. Oh yeah, that's what I said Karen. You wanna battle over it? Huh? Bring it!


I went on a double decker bus tour around New York and saw some cool stuff... the UN in session (flags are up... that's how you know), the Empire State building, and the Brooklyn Bridge.



While on the bus tour we passed a street corner where just after 9/11 a memorial was set up called "Tiles for America" which was very cool. There were tiles from all over the US. Some bearing the names of loved ones and some with words of love and hope. All in all it was very moving to see that even after the time that has passed that this memorial still stands today.... oh, and I got me a wicked sunburn. Polo shirt+top of the bus= necklace sunburn (not the most attractive statement I could have made for my entire trip, but what are you gonna do?)

I took the ferry out to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island too. The wait on the dock was very entertaining. There was a man playing the Adams Family theme song on a mini steel drum and another man that told me "you better take a picture 'cause you'll never see this again" and I'm sure he's right. He played John Lennon's "Imagine" ... on the saw.

We also ate/got the pee scared out of us at the Ninja Restaurant. It was a good time. We screamed, we laughed, we ate squid ink pork balls. We were adventurous and gained the respect of the ninjas... so that last part isn't true, sue me.
We had the famous frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity and red velvet cupcakes at Magnolia's Bakery too. There are some good eats in NYC, I'm not gonna lie.... except the "soft" pretzels... lies. They should be called "Pigeon Food" 'cause that's what they end up being.

We went to see Phantom of the Opera on the Fourth and it was great!! That is one show I could see over and over again and love it every time. After the show we got to hang out in Time Square all lit up and buzzin' with people including a man who knows me all to well. He tried to get us to go to some comedy show that was going on and told me that I was the type to be all "I was so wasted last night. I don't even remember what I did. Where's my underwear?" It's like he's known me my whole life!!! And i met another gem that told me "Girl, you know how to work it. You know you're special." What I did to deserve all this attention is a mystery to me... how lucky I am.

Thanks for a good time Cousin even when you left me stranded in the subway and drug me all over town with blistered feet. It was worth it! And yes, I still love you.

2 comments:

nerak said...

It's not even worth arguing about, because Pinkberry is clearly the best thing on the planet. End of story.

So glad you had a fun trip!

Erin Masi said...

My little heart just breaks that I didn't get to see you while you were here. :( I guess this just means you must come out to utah to see me! So there!