Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fuerzabruta... the craziest show in NYC

I have no idea what Fuerzabruta means or what anything in the show represents, but I loved it! Let's go over some of the show, shall we?


The show starts off with one guy walking on a treadmill/conveyor belt and then he's running and then.... he gets shot... for no reason. Don't you worry though, he gets right back up and starts walking again. He starts to run again and goes through a door and then busts through a few walls. There was also a woman in a tank of water coupled with a man dangling on the outside of the tank twirling and moving with every move that she made while suspended from the celling... pretty fancy stuff.
We have some lovers stranded on either side of a giant twirling sheet of tin foil and they just can't seem to find each other. It may have something to do with the fact that every time they get close to the edges the people swinging it go a little bit faster... maybe they hate love? Next up starts off as dinner party and turns into an all out trash fest. These people have no respect for property at all. They destroyed everything and then danced on it! The nerve!
We move on to a lone man doing his own thing and then out of nowhere part of the celling drops and falls on him and all of the sudden he has the urge to dance like a crazy person. He in turn invites other people to come up with him and more celling drops and they start dancing like crazy people too. I guess there wasn't enough crazy people at the show so they come out in the audience and slammed some celling tiles over some folks heads and made them join in the fun too. I held my camera in front of my face so I was avoided, thankfully. I already dance like a crazy person. I don't need anymore, thank you very much.
The next bit of the show was quite spectacular. A large tank of water slowly drops from the celling and there are four women swim-dancing across the entire length of the room. The tank drops until it's right over our heads. The women dive across the tank, make faces at the audience below, and body slam the tank... all while looking graceful. How they managed that I have no idea.
We end with our treadmill friend again, but he's now joined with two others. They climb a ladder and run in the wind and then it's over and you still have no idea what it all means. The whole time everything is going on there are some DJs playing music and one for some reason has a power sprayer and is spraying the audience with it... and then he makes it rain and soaks about 1/3 of the audience up in the front. If you wanna take a stab at the meaning of the show, let me know. I'm still lost, but would totally go see it again.

2 comments:

Jonny said...

That looks amazing!
I'm Jonny by the way.
I came across your blog while browsing.
I really enjoy it.
Well feel free to read/comment my posts.
I'd greatly appreciate it.
:]

Anonymous said...

cousin!!!! im so so glad that you came... love the pictures!your the best sport, kept on treckin with your sunburn and your blisters! i miss you already... ill be home soon to play! xoxox :)